Random musing, mainly bird related.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Me and the "beautiful" city of Lodz

Hello everyone!

Well I have heard that some of you have been wondering what I have been upto since I parted ways with Chris in Warszawa and when I would resume my blogging (cough, cough, Katie :) ).

As many of you know, I have made it to Lodz, the place of my 8 week IAESTE internship, safe and sound. I even managed to find the student residence where I will be staying, no thanks to the IAESTE representative who picked me up from the bus station. Despite the fact that he is a Lodz native, he had quite a hard time finding his way around the city. Good thing that I was aware of the general layout of Lodz, (very much like Toronto, N-S, E-W) and we managed to get on the right tram.

The residence is nothing spectacular, it actually reminds me a bit of Tartu (minus the mice and bugs) except the suites are smaller; one double room and one single share a bathroom and a fridge. There is a kitchen on each floor. I picked a double room, which means that I will have a roomate possibly as soon as this weekend. A really nice French girl named Virgine lives in the single in our suite.



The amazing view from my window... Yes that's a power plant in the distance...

At this point I should mention that in the residence there are a TON of international students, but since the exam period just ended most of them are leaving for home. It seems that I have arrived in a transition week; most of the IAESTE people are not here yet and most of the exchange students are just leaving or already gone. There is still a pretty good number of the Spanish, French and the Portugese, so most of our evening involve going out to a pub for a drink and some football. Hehehehe, oh the poor Spanish sooooo sad after their loss to France.


The Spanish and their giant bowl of delicious sangria

Work is going fine, a bit slow at the beginning, but I will be taught how to operate my machine next week (there is a guy coming from out of town just to teach me) so things are bound to pick up. Everyone at work is really nice and I feel like I'm getting a bit of a special treatment because I know Polish.

I have to run and eat something, but I will update more on my adventures soon.

Cheers everyone and happy long weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris S said...

Ah, sometimes industrial landscapes can be just as breath-taking as natural landscapes... and other times they look like that...

Great to see your pics are up and running.

Miss you lots

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home