Random musing, mainly bird related.

Monday, July 03, 2006

They have arrived...

Ah yes, the weekend.... A time to relax, to sleep in a bit and take in some of the local festivities.... Or in my case, spend 5 hours on crowded trains and eat till you can't possibly eat anymore.

This past weekend I decided to visit some family in Czestochowa which is about 150 km from Lodz. We had a nice time catching up and doing some sight-seeing in the area, but most importantly we had lots of time to eat and then eat some more.... It got to the point that by the time I had to leave on Sunday afternoon I could no longer look at food I was so sick. Luckily, my aunt, being a pharmacist and all, equipped me with what I would like to call a travel-size pharmacy of my own, and after a couple of pills I felt well enough to board the train.

I made it back to Lodz (still feeling a bit off...) only to discover that in my 2.5 day absence about 35 new IAESTE people had arrived!!!! Yeyey!!! People!!! They came from all over the world (Greece, Germany, Norway, England, China, Finland....) so naturally we all decided to go out and grab a beer (or two..). We went down Piotrkowska, (which at this point I should mention is the pride and joy of Lodz and I have to admit it's quite a nice street all full of "beer gardens" or patios as we call them back home, and it's only open to local traffic which means that you can basicly walk on the street) and managed to find a pub despite the late hour on a Sunday.

After introducing myself and being introduced to about 30 people, I remember only approximately 5 names, but I'm hoping that eventually I will get a hang of it. We came home a bit late, so getting up in the morning was a bit tough, but somehow I managed it.

Work is going fine, I finally got to make some films today, very exciting. The day again ended very early (no one works past 3:00 here...) so I'm going to head home and then shopping!

This upcoming weekend we're planning a trip, not sure on the city yet but most likely Torun or Krakow or Gdansk (the three are in TOTALLY different areas of Poland) so hopefully I will have some exciting pictures to share with you soon!

Hope everyone is well!
Cheers,
M.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris S said...

Great to hear you're having fun! Say hi to the 35 new people you've met from me! But make sure you use their name... and make sure you say hi in their own native language...

7:27 AM

 
Blogger the5cientist said...

I didn't even say Congratulations earlier... so CONGRATS! Very happy for the two of you... it's great news!

Paul

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home