Random musing, mainly bird related.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Something like a phenomenon

Something amazing happened on Tuesday. After over 5 weeks of drought, we got rain!! We got a thunder storm and it was fantastic. I have to say that I don't remember the last time the sky turned this dark in the middle of the day. I was so amazed by this phenomenon that I decided to take some shots.


A view of the parking lot, this is facing east. Time of day; approximately 7:30 p.m. Note though that the sun does not set till about 9:45 p.m.




A view out the kitchen window; this is facing west. Pretty scary clouds if you ask me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

I would just like to set the record straight: those little white dots that you see in the pics are NOT stars. It's the flash reflecting off the raindrops that are falling from the sky.

Silly Nic...

1:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home